Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural,” or un-paid (“organic” or “algorithmic”), search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search,news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content and HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.
The acronym “SEOs” can refer to “search engine optimizers,” a term adopted by an industry of consultants who carry out optimization projects on behalf of clients, and by employees who perform SEO services in-house. Search engine optimizers may offer SEO as a stand-alone service or as a part of a broader marketing campaign. Because effective SEO may require changes to the HTML source code of a site and site content, SEO tactics may be incorporated into website development and design. The term “search engine friendly” may be used to describe website designs, menus, content management systems, images, videos, shopping carts, and other elements that have been optimized for the purpose of search engine exposure.
Search Engine Optimization requires a certain level of experience and dedication. But with these basic tips you should be able to see some progress. Here are some tips that could help you come up with a more effective approach on optimizing sites. Keep in mind that these are all white hat techniques that are approved by Google.
- Audit. First you need to take an audit of the site to be able to know if the site’s on-page optimization is already being done. If it’s not yet done, start optimizing the page. This requires a little html coding. Inserting Meta description, keywords and a title on the page you want to optimize, for example, your home page. Your off-page optimization will not work without these things being done.
- Page Content. With the new updates of Google Search Engines Panda and Penguin, page content became a very big factor in SEO. So what should be the content of your page to be able to become a search engine friendly page? You should maintain a keyword density of 2%-5% to avoid keyword “stuffing”. Images should also be optimized and should bear with it its alt attribute. Avoid using flash content on your page. High quality content should be observed.
- Keywords. You must select good keywords. Google AdWords could help you find good keywords.
- Proceed to Link Building. Do some link building steps like Blog Commenting, Social Bookmarking, Directory Submission, Forum Posting and many more. This will boost your Page Rank. More quality links means more visibility on search engines.
- Check Backlinks. You must check if the links you built are being indexed. If links were not indexed then it’s useless.
- Push Links. You need to push your links for more results. If you miss a day, you will see the effect in your analytics.
- Know your competitors. You must be able to know your competitors and be able to get where they were putting their links.
- Use White Hat SEO. Using White Hat SEO is the safest way to be visible on organic searches.
SEO is never an easy job. You must be patient. Results are earned. If you follow these tips you should see results in about 3-4 weeks.
SEO work can be tedious and time consuming. We recommend that you let us do the work. That way you can focus on important things like growing your business. If you’d like help with SEO please contact us