Struggling with what to write about on your next blog post? try this method:
1. Go to Amazon.com and type in keywords that are related to your niche. For example, if your site was about Web Development, you’d type in web development in the search field.
2. Locate the top books in the search results, and click on one of them. This will open up the page that shows you what it’s about, how much it costs, etc.
3. Look inside the cover.The cool thing that Amazon does is that it shows us the first few and the last few pages of most of their books. And what page is always shown when you “look inside”?
The table of contents will show you exactly what kinds of things people are talking about within that niche. So, for our web development example, in one of the top books, I see the following:
Part 1: Getting Started
1. Where do i start?
2. How the web works
3. The Nature of web design
Part 2: Getting Started
4. HTML Markup for Structure
…and so on and so forth.
Now, you don’t want to just copy each of these parts of the table of contents verbatim and use them yourself. They are too general! They should, however, give you ideas on what you can write about.
So for example, here are some blog post titles or chapters of eBooks that I’ve derived just from this part of the table of contents:
How to Create a Simple Page
The Anatomy of a Web Page
Understanding Web Standards
Colors and Backgrounds
Cascading Style Sheets Orientation
You get the idea.
We’re basically getting a boost of inspiration from looking inside the covers of these books. If you think about it, a lot of money went into helping the authors figure out how to organize and determine what they were going to write about, so now you can use that as your own starting point to make even better content for your eBook or blog.
So try it out. Go to Amazon, enter a keyword, look inside the covers, find the table of contents, and get inspired.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tip. There are definitely more to come.
– Pat with http://www.smartpassiveincome.com
If you need help in the areas of Marketing Communication Design, Creative Services & Print Sourcing Contact Us.